What are Chatbots?
A chatbot is a chat robot that interacts with a human to answer questions and give out information based on the query that is given by the human. These chatbots are functional with the help of pre-programmed rules as well as AI and works on a number of messenger platforms.
How are Chatbots different from Siri?
Chatbots are said to have a more elevated intelligence. Additional to answering questions they can foresee what you might ask next and make the suggestions accordingly.
How do Chatbots work?
There are a few ways in which a chatbots can be programmed; however the most common form is that of a rules-based. These bots are similar to the automated customer service lines and guide consumers through a decision tree model.
Bots are known to have evolved to add NLP or natural language processing. This translates the common language into one that a bot can understand.
The kinds of bots:
There are two basic categories into which chatbots are categorized:
- Rule-based chatbots: They can respond to specific commands.
- Artificial intelligence: They can respond to natural language.
How do they work?
An NLP bot uses a combination of steps to convert speech and text into data and provide the user with a response. Given below are few of the steps:
- Tokenization - The natural language processor divides characters into pieces or tokens that are linguistically significant or otherwise useful for the application.
- Named entity recognition - Looks for categories of words, like the name of a product, a person’s name, or an address.
- Normalization - Processes text in an effort to find common spelling or typographical errors that might impact meaning.
- Part of speech tagging - Identifies parts of speech — nouns, verbs — in the text with the aim of understanding complex sentence structures and how those structures impact meaning.
- Dependency parsing - Looks for subjects and objects in the given text to find dependent phrases.
- Sentiment analysis - Watches to learn if the human user is having a good experience or if the chat conversation should be elevated, if you will, to a human operator.
At Codingmart, we believe that product engineering forms the bedrock of any online business. Great minds are required to choose the right technology stack and platforms to build a product that beats the rest in the market. This is what we strive to do. Working with the latest technologies in the industry, the services we provide are refined and ideal for start-ups and companies, alike. If you are looking for more resources on coding, please visit out blog. If you are looking to hire an up-to- date team who works with the latest, most popular technologies in the industry, then drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.