What is Node.js?
It is an open-source, cross-platform runtime environment that is used to develop server-side networking applications. It uses a non-blocking, event-driven I/O model which makes it efficient and lightweight. It is the ideal platform for data-sensitive, real-time applications which run across distributed devices.
Why use Node.js
Node.js is extremely fast. It also offers a RESTful API, which is a web service that takes a few input parameters and passes a bit of the data back – data manipulation made simple without huge complications. Node can handle thousands of these, but say PHP would collapse.
What are the features of Node.js?
- Asynchronous and Event Driven − The APIs of the platform’s library are asynchronous meaning a Node.js based server never waits for an API to return data.
- Single Threaded but Highly Scalable – The platform uses a single threaded program and this program can provide service to a much larger number of requests than traditional servers.
- No Buffering − Node.js applications never buffer any data but output data in chunks.
Where do you use Node.js?
Node.js can be used for the following:
- I/O bound Applications
- Data Streaming Applications
- Data Intensive Real-time Applications (DIRT)
- JSON APIs based Applications
- Single Page Applications
At Codingmart, we believe that product engineering forms the bedrock of any online business. Great minds are required to choose the right technology stack and platforms to build a product that beats the rest in the market. This is what we strive to do. Working with the latest technologies in the industry, the services we provide are refined and ideal for start-ups and companies, alike.
If you are looking to hire an up-to-date team who works with the latest, most popular technologies in the industry, then drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.